1 alliance, 11 universities, countless possibilities
Welcome to CIVIS, Europe’s Civic University Alliance
Aix-Marseille Université, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Université Libre de Bruxelles, University of Bucharest, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Sapienza Università di Roma, Stockholms Universitet and Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen are joining forces to build a European University alliance under the name of CIVIS.
In December 2020, the European Commission approved the request to integrate the University of Glasgow into the CIVIS alliance of universities, as an associate partner, and in October 2021, Paris Lodron University of Salzburg (PLUS) becomes the tenth member of our Alliance, and the first Austrian University in our European family.
For CIVIS, the addition of the PLUS will bring expertise in – amongst others – digital humanities, life sciences and international networking and will add a second member from German-speaking Europe.
On 1 October 2022, CIVIS formally welcomes the University of Lausanne, taking our Alliance to 11 European members and adding Switzerland to the list of countries with a CIVIS member university.
Thereby, CIVIS is now a university community of around half a million students, 70.000 members of staff (including over 37.400 academics and researchers) whose expertise, insights and shared values will not only strengthen CIVIS’s role in shaping the future of Higher Education but tackle, hands-on, pivotal societal challenges.
- CIVIS is a transnational collaboration of civic universities, which will bring together around half a million students and 70.000 staff members, fostering multilingualism and European cultural diversity.
- CIVIS is committed to implementing to the largest extent possible the principles of the Bologna process, in order to be part of the European Education Area construction. The vision is a European Civic University as a space for innovative and responsible teaching, research, cultural exchanges and citizen action within Europe from the Baltic to the Mediterranean Sea, while engaging with the world, its inhabitants and its institutions.
- CIVIS will reinforce the links existing between the 8 universities through complementary expertise, shared research infrastructures and incentive funding for joint projects.
- CIVIS faces major global challenges and aims at being a vector of change and innovation with the following priorities:
- Cities, Territories and Mobility
- Climate, Environment, Energy
- Digital and Technological Transformations
- Society, Cultures and European Heritage
- Mediterranean and African regions will also be at the core of CIVIS global strategy.
- The involvement of each university will strengthen access to quality education and create real chances for success to all students.
- Excellence in research will be a key asset for contributing to research-based training and innovative activities.
- All the stakeholders involved in the life of the 11 universities will contribute to the definition of the alliance’s orientations and activities: students, academics, researchers, administrative staff, non-academic partners, etc.
- CIVIS will evolve over the next decade in three phases ensuring participative inputs during the entire process, so that CIVIS – European University alliance may become a reality.
CIVIS announces the organization of a new edition of Global CIVIS Days, between 24-26 May 2023 at the Eberhard Karls University in TübingenEvents, International, CIVIS – The European Civic University, UB News
Postări asemănătoare: CIVIS announces the organization of a new edition of Global CIVIS Days between 24 and 26 November 2021...
BA Students of University of Bucharest, invited to apply to the CIVIS French Summer School in Brussels (ULB)International, UB Student, Calls, CIVIS – The European Civic University, UB News
Postări asemănătoare: MA and PhD Students, invited to apply to the CIVIS Interdisciplinary Summer School “Marine protected areas: current issues and challenges” MA Students, invited to apply to the short CIVIS course “French Travellers...
MA and PhD Students, invited to apply to the CIVIS Interdisciplinary Summer School “Marine protected areas: current issues and challenges”International, UB Student, Calls, CIVIS – The European Civic University, UB News
Postări asemănătoare: MA and PhD Students, invited to apply to the short CIVIS course “Ocean Sciences: Marine Biogeochemistry” MA and PhD Students, invited to apply to the short CIVIS course “Ocean Sciences: Lagrangian methods in...
The University of Lausanne (UNIL) Launches a Call for Projects to Organize Meetings of the CIVIS Academic CommunityInternational, Calls, CIVIS – The European Civic University, UB News
Postări asemănătoare: Local CIVIS Days Bucharest 2021: meetings with civil society, conferences, contests and games, organized by the University of Bucharest for the academic community With the accession of the University of Lausanne,...
CIVIS is launching a Call for Blended Intensive Programmes (BIPs) open to academics across the AllianceInternational, Calls, CIVIS – The European Civic University, UB News
Postări asemănătoare: A series of new CIVIS Blended Intensive Programmes (BIPs) with deadline on 28 February 2023 open for students in exact sciences, mathematics and IT A series of new CIVIS Blended Intensive Programmes (BIPs) open...
The University of Bucharest Received the Visit of the President of the European University Association, Michael MurphyInternational, CIVIS – The European Civic University, UB News
Postări asemănătoare: The University of Bucharest Received the Visit of a UNESCO Delegation Professor Marian Preda, rector of the University of Bucharest and president of the Black Sea Universities Network, official visit to Turkey The...