The Board of Trustees of the University of Bucharest is a consultative structure under Art. 144, letter (c) of the University Charter. It is the international correspondent of the academic structure by which the University of Bucharest is preparing the process of integration in the European Alliance of CIVIS Universities.
The Board of Trustees Mission is to support the Executive Management and the University Senate in order to develop and implement the University’s strategies, by presenting analyses and recommendations on the strategic development directions and objectives and by assessing the University’s previous strategic documents and actions.
The Board of Trustees Members are Romanian and foreign important figures with wide national and international experience in the field of management, with focus on the academic management and with moral authority. The Board of Trustees has 9 members.
According to the Board of Trustees statute, its duties are the following:
- Provides to the University Rector proposals and recommendations in the process of developing the strategy of the University during his mandate;
- Provides to the University analyses and benchmarks for long-term strategic planning;
- Supports the integration process in the European Alliance of CIVIS Universities, both at institutional and international levelIssues an annual report on the national and international strategic positioning of the University in the previous year . The report is presented to the University’s Rector annually, in March, prior to the Rector’s presentation of the annual report to the Senate;
- Develops an assessment report on the implementation of the 4-year University strategy , at the end of the Rector’s mandate and the Senate’s mandate and before the election of the new Rector. This report is submitted to the Rector and to the President of the Senate and, upon their request, the President of the Board of Trustees may present the report to the Administration Council or to the University Senate;
- Upon the request of the Rector, the President of the Senate or at least 1/3 of the senators, the board of trustees elaborates and presents to the Senate or the Council of Administration perspectives on the University’s strategic decisions or proposals of such decisions;
- Provides analyses and perspectives on the University’s internal normative documents with impact on its strategic orientations.
Romiță IUCU, PhD., University of Bucharest
Mircea DUMITRU, PhD, University of Bucharest
Ioan PÂNZARU, PhD, University of Bucharest
Luciano SASSO, PhD, University of La Sapienza, Rome, UNICA Chairman
Lesley WILSON, PhD, Former Secretary General EUA
Nicolae ZAMFIR, PhD, Member of the Romanian Academy, Director General of Horia Hulubei National Institute for Physics and Nuclear Engineering
Mugur ISĂRESCU, PhD, Member of the Romanian Academy, Governor of the Romanian National Bank
Ramona Jurubița, KPMG, President of the Foreign Investors Council
Baptiste HARTZ, BRD Romania
Mirabela Amarandei, Director, Direction for Strategic Orientation and Public Policies