University Ombudsman organization and functioning rules:
- The University Ombudsman is organized and operates within the University of Bucharest with the role of advising all members of the academic community who consider themselves treated incorrectly, in conditions of independence, impartiality, confidentiality.
- The Ombudsman facilitates the communication between members of the academic community in the event of conflicts, seeking to help them to find new ways to solve problems by themselves. The university ombudsman promotes preliminary intervention, in order to avoid the negative consequences of a conflict.
- The University Ombudsman is independent of the university structures in which it operates.
- In carrying out his activity, the University Ombudsman has access all relevant sources of information within the University.
- The University of Bucharest provides the University Ombudsman an appropriate budget and resources to carry out its activities.
- The University Ombudsman must have a thorough knowledge of the organization and functioning of the University.
- The Ombudsman will avoid affiliations which might affect his independence and impartiality.
- The duration of each University Ombudsman mandate overlaps the position of Rector. The Ombudsman may be re-elected without mandates limit. The rules for the organization and functioning of the University Ombudsman may be revised in each term.
- In order to carry out his duties, the University Ombudsman may be assisted by a Deputy.
- The Ombudsman submits an annual report to the Senate, in which he classifies the issues reported and recommends ways to resolve them.
- In his work, the University Ombudsman must comply with the principles of impartiality, independence and confidentiality.
- The Ombudsman will not disclose any information which has been entrusted to him in a confidential manner, except in duly justified cases. He will only mention the names of the people who consult him with their consent. The notes, notes and other documents resulting from the consultations will be kept in safe conditions, only for the time necessary to solve the case, and then destroyed. They will not be sent to the University or the faculties.
- Anyone belonging to the academic community may address the University Ombudsman. The university ombudsman may notify himself ex officio.
- All interactions with the Ombudsman are voluntary. He has no right to summon anyone.
- Requests to the University Ombudsman by members of the academic community are exempt from the fee.
- The Ombudsman will ensure through appropriate measures that his mission and how to contact him are known to the academic community.
The University Ombudsman has the following responsibilities and competencies:
- receives requests made by persons whose rights or freedoms have been violated within the academic community and decides on how to resolve these requests;
- grants audiences;
- may conduct investigations to resolve the requests with which it is notified;
- make recommendations;
- helps all parties to a conflict to identify possible solutions to problems by providing specialist guidance;
- collaborates with decision makers at the University level;
- may make proposals for the modification and improvement of the rules and practices of the University.
Requests can be sent to the e-mail address email@example.com
Associate prof. Claudiu Constantin DINU, PhD
Council Hall, Faculty of Law, Bd. M. Kogălniceanu 36-46, District 5, 050107, Bucharest
SMARTT recommends exploring a new funding model and ensuring the connection with the labor market in the making of a European Degree LabelInternational, CIVIS – The European Civic University, UB News
Postări asemănătoare: The “BLINDhub” Project, at the End: Investments of over 500,000 Lei to Facilitate the Access of Blind People to the University Milieu and the Labor Market CIVIS, the European Civic University, receives funding...
Professor Marian Preda was re-elected Rector of the University of Bucharest for the 2023 – 2028 mandatePress Releases, UB News
Postări asemănătoare: 2021 in review. The report of the UB Rector, professor Marian Preda, after the second year of his mandate The speech of Professor Marian Preda, Rector of the University of Bucharest, at the opening of the BSUN-BUA...
Postări asemănătoare: The New Europe College (NEC) Fellowships Call for Applications for the Academic Year 2021-2022 Call for Applications New Europe College (NEC) Fellowships Academic Year 2022-2023 Call for Applications “New Europe...
Professor Iulia Motoc, PhD, teaching staff at the Faculty of Political Science of the University of Bucharest, elected as judge for the International Criminal CourtInternational, UB News
Postări asemănătoare: Iulia Motoc, professor at the Faculty of Political Science and Romanian Judge at the ECHR, winner of the award for the best opinion Formulated by an ECHR Judge In 2021 Assoc. Prof. Emilian Mihailov, PhD, teaching...
The University of Bucharest announces the launch of the evaluation results for ICCS – International Civic and Citizenship Education Study, the largest and only dedicated study of civic and citizenship educationResearch, International, Major Research Projects, UB News
Postări asemănătoare: The University of Bucharest announces the launch of the UB-CIVIS Open Lab and the financing of social responsibility projects CIVIS announces the organization of a special language café dedicated to students...
The University of Bucharest, the Romanian Academy and KPMG Romania, project regarding the impact of Romania’s socioeconomic challenges until 2030Press Releases, Events, UB News
Postări asemănătoare: Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2023: University of Bucharest, the university in Romania with the greatest involvement in activities linked to sustainable Development Professors of the University of...