Candidates for 2018 Admission
2, 3, 4 and 5
Rankings and Awards
The university education market has become a global market: students are travelling without borders, universities from all the countries of the world attract students from all the meridians through attractive offers, the number of international students has increased to two million worldwide and it will increase further, thus the competition for human capital has become stronger. The University of Bucharest has a notable initiative, that of attempting to accede to the elite international universities through a visible presence in world rankings. It is a feasible objective which involves efforts from all staff and students, but that is commensurate with the size, quality and the aspirations of the university.
- 2011 – The University of Bucharest was declared the first Advanced Research and Education university in Romania, according to the classification of the Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sports, completed in collaboration with experts from The European University Association (EUA).
- 2012 – After a long, difficult and very tough competition, the innovative project for South-East and the establishment of Francophone Regional Centre of Advanced Studies in Social Sciences brought the University of Bucharest an award of excellence from the Institut de France, the Louis D. Grand Prix of the French Academy. Thanks to the involvement of numerous academic entities and the importance of this project for the development of Francophonie, the University of Bucharest will become a centre of excellence in research for the francophone researchers in Central and South Eastern Europe.
- 2015 – QS World University Rankings placed the University of Bucharest among the top 700 universities in the world and in the first position among Romanian universities. The institution also appeared in the group 101–150 in the section dedicated to Foreign Languages, and in group 301–400 dedicated to the Exact Sciences.
- 2015 – Important international rankings evaluate the University of Bucharest among the first 600 world-rank universities: US news – Best Global Universities and University Ranking by Academic Performance (place 588), while The Center for World University Rankings places the University on position 237 in what concerns educational management, one of the main selection factors.
- 2016 – The University of Bucharest remains in the 701+ series of the best world universities, according to QS University Rankings, the most popular global ranking for universities and among the most important 500 universities in the world, according to QS Ranking of Univesities by Subject.
Press Conference “On Well-Being Education, Based on a Romanian-Danish Recipe” at the University of BucharestEvents, News
The team of the Romanian-Danish Educational Center for Child Well-being held a press conference on “On the well-being education after a Romanian-Danish recipe” on Friday, May 17, 2019. The dialogue with the press took place...
Poets published by the British publishing house Bloodaxe Books arrive in Bucharest for the literary translation masterclass “Lidia Vianu’s Students Translate”Events, News
During 13-17 May 2019, takes place the fourth edition of Lidia Vianu’s Students Translate Master Literature Translation Class. This time, six British writers will arrive in Bucharest to work with students at the University of...