The Eduroam – World Wide Education Roaming for Research & Education service is implemented within the University of Bucharest.
The benefits of this service are:
- Eduroam offers a single solution that supports all of your institution’s mobile connectivity requirements – supports local users connected to the local network, visitors who connect to the local network, and local users who connect to other networks affiliated with Eduroam (org / www.eduroam.ro);
- eliminates the need to provide temporary accounts for guests/visiting users;
- access to the eduroam service can be done without the support of IT specialists;
- this connection system is secured in accordance with the latest regulations in this
UB’s Eduroam connection system has been integrated into the international system CAT Eduroam. For this reason, we recommend that you use only the configurator provided by this platform for installation on your equipment.
The benefits of using the cat.eduroam.org are many:
- Simple and intuitive, you just need to access the link using a browser, and some mobile applications configure the profile directly from their
- Automatically detects the country / area where you are connected to the Internet and to shows you only the profiles of the institutions in that area.
- It offers the possibility to select only your country so you will find only the list of institutions that use this
- Easy retrieval of the institution using the search window (for UB – “University of Bucharest”).
- Automatically detects the type of equipment from which the platform is accessed and provides for download the best installation configuration for that
- Setup is required only for the first time when you connect to the Eduroam network.
- Contains multiple technical information related to the compatibility of this platform with various existing equipment on the world
General “eduroam” connection recommendations:
- To be connected to the Internet and in a area where there is a radio broadcast of an “eduroam” SSID !
- It is not possible to connect to this SSID without first installing a special profile or performing an advanced manual setup (for older equipments).
- Logging into “eduroam” can only be done using the credentials of your UB MS365 account ! For cybersecurity reasons it is recommended to access the “eduroam” network using::
- systems that have higher versions of the Windows 8 operating system installed.
- smart mobile devices with higher versions of Android 7.1 operating system (Samsung, Huawei, Sony, HTC, Alcatel)
- smart mobile devices with iOS operating system (iPhone).
- systems that have higher versions of the MacOS 10 operating system installed.
- devices that have newer versions of Linux distributions installed.
We invite you to access the Eduroam service and to send us any non-functioning situations, not caught in the testing performed by the UB IT&C Department and not addressed in the existing documentation on this page dedicated for the UB Eduroam service.
*Some devices in the range of AllView, Lenovo, Microsoft, MacOS 10 (Mountain Lion) cannot be connected to Eduroam.
The UB contact address for the Eduroam service is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To identify where there are areas with Wi-Fi broadcast “eduroam”, you can access the following links:
or you can install the “eduroam Companion” application:
For more experienced users, they can directly access the UB configuration profile from Eduroam CAT at:
*DO NOT USE this link for systems with Android 11 or higher. These devices it will be configured using only “geteduroam” application, which can be downloaded (depending on your device) from the following links:
For detailed configuration of the Eduroam profile on your own device, please access the links below for the most common types of equipment / operating systems and follow the steps from these tutorials.