In line with the efforts of the Romanian Ministry of Education to provide educational support to Ukrainian citizens affected by the ongoing military conflict in the country, the University of Bucharest invites those interested in continuing their university studies to apply for one of the programs offered by our institution and consult the information below. The places on offer are tuition-free, with scholarship, within the budget allocated by the Ministry of Education.
I. Admission Calendar
Submission of applications: 01.08.2022 – 02.09.2022
Evaluation period for applications: 19.09.2022 – 23.09.2022
Deadline for registration: 30.09.2022
II. Educational offer
III. Application file
The application file will include:
1. application for issuing the letter of acceptance;
2. declaration of authenticity of the documents submitted;
3. GDPR consent;
4. copy of passport;
5. copy of birth certificate;
6. copy of the diploma of completion of pre-university studies and transcripts for the years of study for higher education;
7. copy of the bachelor’s degree and the diploma supplement (transcript of records) or certificate showing the academic record for all years of study, as well as the marks obtained in the bachelor’s exam (for graduates of the current year) for candidates applying for further studies at master’s level;
8. a copy of the master’s degree and of the diploma supplement (transcript) or a certificate showing the academic record for all years of study for candidates applying for the continuation of doctoral studies.
9. provisional written approval from a potential PhD supervisor for candidates for doctoral studies
Applicants who graduated from pre-university education in Ukraine in the school year 2021 – 2022 will be able to present the Certificate/ Attestation of completion of pre-university education or a Certificate issued by the school where they were enrolled, showing the completion of pre-university education in the school year 2021 – 2022. The Ukrainian authorities have cancelled the state examinations for the completion of pre-university education in the school year 2021 – 2022.
Candidates who cannot prove their studies by documents issued by the educational institution they previously attended in Ukraine will have to present to the higher education institution in Romania, before the completion of their studies, the diplomas that allowed them to enter the course of study in which they were enrolled.
IV. Submission of the application file
Applications must be sent electronically, scanned, to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org by 02.09.2022.
V. Evaluation of applications
1. The evaluation of applications will be made by a Central Commission established at the University of Bucharest.
2. For the selection process for undergraduate studies, the average number of years of high school is taken into account for graduates of the 2021 – 2022 school year (in Ukraine, the duration of undergraduate studies is 2 years).
3. For the selection process for the Master’s and PhD degree respectively, the average number of years of Bachelor’s and Master’s studies respectively will be taken into account.
4. In the case of candidates who cannot provide proof of studies completed in Ukraine, the evaluation of the application will be based on the submission of a CV (Europass format) and a letter of intent.
5. The Central Commission will centralise and evaluate the applications.
6. The centralizer containing the ranking of the candidates, in descending order of the results of the selection process, by cycles of studies, will be sent with an official address to the Ministry of Education with the proposal of receiving a place of study without payment of tuition fees, but with a scholarship, from the budget of the Ministry of Education. Information on the selection criteria applied will be sent together with the centralizer.
7. The dmission for PhD studies is conditioned by successfully passing the entrance examination organized by the Doctoral School.
VI. Enrolment for studies
Enrolment for studies will be based on the letter of acceptance issued by the Ministry of Education and the original study documents previously sent in electronic format and the study visa for those who are not in Romania.
Candidates who have been admitted but who cannot prove their studies by documents issued by the educational institution they have previously attended in Ukraine, will also submit a declaration in which they undertake to present, before the completion of their studies, the diplomas that allowed them to enter the course of study in which they were enrolled.
Address of the Ministry of Education no. 1151/DGRIAE/08.06.2022 on the conditions applicable to Ukrainian pre-university graduates in the school year 2021 – 2022, to undergraduate studies in higher education institutions in Romania; Address of the Ministry of Education No. 1154/09.06.2022 on 1) granting tuition-free study places with scholarships from the budget of the Ministry of Education to citizens of Ukraine and 2) granting tuition-free study places with scholarships to citizens of third countries on the proposal of higher education institutions;
Address of the Ministry of Education on the publication of the European Commission’s Guide on the rapid recognition of Ukrainian academic qualifications, No 1206/EC/14.06.2022
Report on the selection of Ukrainian citizens for university studies in the academic year 2022 – 2023 on places without tuition fees, but with scholarships, from the budget of the Ministry of Education, approved by the management of the University of Bucharest on 20.06.2022
International Relations and Foreign Students Office
Monday-Thursday: 11:00 – 13:00
90-92 Șos. Panduri, 4th floor, room 404, Bucharest, 050663, Romania