Founded in 1991, the Faculty of Political Science of the University of Bucharest (FPSUB) is the Romanian specialized institution which has the best international connections and which offers its students the most complex package of educational services in Romania.
FPSUB is the only faculty of political science in the country that offers a complete Bachelor’s degree – Master’s degree – Ph.D. package in three languages: Romanian, English and French, in the fields of Political Science and International Relationships and European Studies.
The Faculty of Political Science of the University of Bucharest is also the faculty of political science in Romania which has the highest number of professors specialized in political science and/or in international relationships/European studies, and almost all of its staff of professors has a prestigious Occidental background (e.g.: École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales, Institut d’Études Politiques Paris, University of Oxford, Università degli Studi di Bologna, Université Libre Bruxelles, Central European University, Pensylvania State University etc.)
The faculty also offers students an inter- or pluri-disciplinary perspective, having professors specialized in history, sociology, law, economy and philosophy.
Every year the faculty organizes numerous scientific and professional manifestations, often on an international level, through which the students get the chance to come into direct contact both with avant-garde research in the field as well as with potential recruiters from the labour market.
Not only this, but all students partake into practice internships for a minimum of one semester in institutions which are relevant for their specialization, and these internships are recognised as part of the study programmes in which they are enrolled.
In the Master’s degree studies, students have access to an even larger array of practice activities and to other activities which are designed especially for offering access to a better chance of being employed in the international professional field.
Graduated of the FPSUB are hired especially by:
- GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS AND ROMANIAN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (especially the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Parliament of Romania, the Presidential Administration, ministries, the Romanian Diplomatic Institute, the European Institute in Romania, governmental agencies, town halls)
- EUROPEAN INSTITUTIONS (especially the European Committee, the European Parliament, the European Publication Office, EU agencies)
- EMBASSIES AND INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS (e.g.: the British Embassy in Bucharest, the French Embassy, the French Cultural Institute, the British Council, the Czech Cultural Institute, Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie etc.)
- Mass Media and communication – central and local mass media, communication departments of national and international companies
- NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS, both national and international
- POLITICAL PARTIES and POLITICAL CONSULTANCY ORGANIZATIONS, both national and international
- HIGHER EDUCATION AND RESEARCH INSTITUTES in Romania and abroad, especially in Europe, the USA, Africa and the Middle East