CIVIS announces the opening of the registration for the CIVIS webinar “A new approach in understanding autoimmune diseases”, that will take place on January 13, 2022, starting with 2 pm (CET).
The primary target of the webinar is to educate students on common autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases in a new and exciting way. Starting from an interesting patient case presentation, teachers are going to dive into the phenotype of each disease along with the mechanisms responsible for the generation of the autoimmune responses. Each complicated pathophysiologic pathway will be accompanied by a relevant real-life patient case report, creating an open and circular lane between caring for patients at the bedside and creating scientific advancements at the bench.
This CIVIS course is open to Bachelor’s, Master and PhD CIVIS students interested in autoimmunity. A B2 level of English is also required.
Interested students should send an e-mail with a short motivational letter and a CV to email@example.com until January 13, 2022.
Schedule and speakers
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (2:00-4:00 pm CET)
- Sjogren’s Syndrome – Dr. Loukas Chatzis (2:00-2:30 pm)
- Systemic vasculitis – Dr. Ourania Argyropoulou (2:30-3:00 pm)
- Rheumatoid arthritis – Prof. Panayiotis Vlachoyiannopoulos (3:00-3:30 pm)
- Covid-19 and autoimmunity – Assist. Prof. Andreas Goules (3:30-4:00 pm)
University of Tübingen (4:00-6:00 pm CET)
- Scleroderma – Dr. Ann-Christin Pecher, MD (4:00-4:30 pm)
- Familial Mediterranean Fever and autoinflammation – Prof. Joerg Henes, MD (4:30-5:00 pm)
- Psoriatic arthritis – Dr. Sebastian Saur, MD (5:00-5:30 pm)
- Behcet’s Disease – Dr. Theodoros Xenitidis, MD (5:30-6:00 pm)
More details about the CIVIS webinar “A new approach in understanding autoimmune diseases” are available on the CIVIS webpage here.
CIVIS is a European Civic University formed by the alliance of nine leading research higher education institutions across Europe: Aix-Marseille Université, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Universitatea din București, Université libre de Bruxelles, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Sapienza Università di Roma, Stockholm University, Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen and University of Glasgow. It brings together a community of more than 450,000 students and 65,000 staff members including 30,000 academics and researchers. Recently, CIVIS was joined by Paris Lodron University of Salzburg.