The Research Institute of University of Bucharest organizes between the 22nd and the 25th of July the workshop „Mass Media and Social Media for scientists”. The event will be held by Ada Roseti from 4 pm to 6 pm in Petre Antonescu Hall, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest (Bd. M. Kogălniceanu, no.34-46, ground floor).
The workshop aims to offer the researchers the opportunity to answer a series of questions about their presence in the media such as:
How much should I talk about my research? Which are the best communication channels for what I do? How can I use social media to promote my activities? What should I do if a journalist want to interview me? Why should I talk with him?
Beside answering these questions, the workshop is a good opportunity to provide participants with the tools and information they need to be prepared for interviews, tips&tricks for managing online and social media for personal and professional use, recommendations for debates among those who support the public communication of science and those who disregard it.
Topics of the workshop „Mass Media & Social Media for scientists”:
– Public communication of scientific research – pros and cons;
– Speech, dialogue, collaboration – alternative approaches to public communication of science;
– The researcher in relation to the media: public identity, objectives, key messages;
– Techniques for dealing with media representatives: live or recorded interviews, video, audio or written interviews;
– Direct interaction with the public – social media in science communication;
– Workshop for Public Communication of Science.
Ada Roseti has a long experience in Romanian and international media, starting with ProTV and TVR and ending with Discovery Channel. Since last year she is also a PhD student at the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences of University of Bucharest and her studies are focusing on public communication of science.
This is the second summer workshop held by Ada Roseti and dedicated to the researchers of the University of Bucharest, after the Public Speaking for Scientist Workshop, which took place last year.
If you are interested to participate at the „Mass Media and Social Media for scientists” workshop, please register here.