CIVIS launches a call for proposals for joint projects with CIVIS’ African partner universities. The deadline for applications is 15 November 2021
The seed funding offered by CIVIS is up to €8000 for activities which support and develop:
- the inclusion of further CIVIS member universities in existing cooperation with the African partner institutions
- the involvement of project partners at the African partner institutions in existing CIVIS initiatives, such as Hub initiatives
- new initiatives with our African partners, addressing Hub challenges, with a long-term development perspective
This call seeks to encourage and support the first initiatives from its community of researchers, scholars and staff that lead to vibrant medium and long-term collaborations with (members of) the African partner institutions. These projects should respond to the five CIVIS hub challenges.
CIVIS is currently developing strategic partnerships with six African universities:
- Université Hassan II de Casablanca (Morocco)
- Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar (Senegal)
- Eduardo Mondlane University (Mozambique)
- Makerere University (Uganda)
- University of Sfax (Tunisia)
- University of the Witwatersrand (South Africa)
More information and the registration platform are available here.
CIVIS is a European Civic University formed by the alliance of nine leading research higher education institutions across Europe: Aix-Marseille Université, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Universitatea din București, Université libre de Bruxelles, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Sapienza Università di Roma, Stockholm University, Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen and University of Glasgow. It brings together a community of more than 450,000 students and 65,000 staff members including 30,000 academics and researchers.