The University of Bucharest will select up to three students – ideally one from each cycle of studies – to serve as CIVIS Ambassadors who will promote the mission and goals of the CIVIS Alliance within their home institutions. Selected CIVIS Ambassadors will serve for one or two academic years.
- CIVIS Ambassadors will be responsible for promoting CIVIS within their home universities.
- They will be the first point of contact for their peers, both incoming CIVIS students and students of the home university interested in learning more about the alliance.
CIVIS Ambassadors are also encouraged to:
- Help in CIVIS student days and intercultural events and activities in their Universities.
- Assist in welcome events and activities for incoming students.
- Communicate regularly with other CIVIS Ambassadors in the other CIVIS partner Universities to share ideas, initiatives and experiences.
- Advocate for and assist in disseminating CIVIS initiatives in their community.
- Be in touch with Alumni regarding CIVIS initiatives and activities, as well as on a need-to basis with the CIVIS team and the International Relations departments regarding the above.
- Prior experience with Erasmus mobility -preferably in one of the partner Universities.
- Very good command of English (level B2)
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of more than one languages of the Alliance.
Among several candidates, selection will take into account the different levels of study, equal gender representation, academic excellence and the need to represent different academic fields. Civic engagement will also be taken into consideration.
Students who are interested in becoming CIVIS Ambassadors should submit:
- a CV
- a short statement on CIVIS outlining the reasons for wishing to serve as a CIVIS Ambassador (max 200 words)
- a copy of the English language certificate
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until January 20, 2021.
Candidates may also be called in for an interview at a later stage and the results will be announced at the end of February 2021.
CIVIS is a European Civic University formed by the alliance of eight leading research higher education institutions across Europe: Aix-Marseille Université, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Universitatea din București, Université libre de Bruxelles, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Sapienza Università di Roma, Stockholm University and Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen.
CIVIS aims to create a truly unique European interuniversity campus where students, academics, researchers and staff will move and collaborate as freely as within their institution of origin. It will develop a deep level of European integration, involving joint learning pathways, development of complementary research facilities and diverse degree pathways.
CIVIS will unite efforts and experiences to develop a European University with strong links to its local social and geographical environment and an orientation toward global challenges.