The University of Bucharest invites its BA, MA and PhD students to become CIVIS Ambassadors. Each University is selecting three students (as well as three substitutes) to serve as CIVIS Ambassadors who will promote the mission and goals of the CIVIS Alliance within their home institutions. Ideally, the three cycles of studies and different academic disciplines will be represented through the selected Ambassadors.
Selected CIVIS Ambassadors will serve for up to two academic years.
CIVIS Ambassadors will:
- Be the first point of contact for their peers interested in learning more about the alliance
- Participate in the University’s orientation days and welcome events for incoming students
- Organize Virtual Cafés for future students
- Organize university and city tours for incoming students
- Participate in information sessions for outgoing students
- Participate in Global CIVIS Days
- Assist in the organization of CIVIS Student days in their universities
- Communicate regularly with other CIVIS Ambassadors in the other CIVIS partner Universities to share ideas, initiatives, and experiences
- Advocate for and assist in disseminating CIVIS initiatives in their community
- Be in touch with Alumni regarding CIVIS initiatives and activities, as well as on a need-to basis with the CIVIS team and the International Relations departments regarding the above
- Cooperate with the CIVIS Student Council.
- Mobility experience: Prior experience with long-term Erasmus+ mobility or/and participation in a CIVIS course (short-term mobility course/ hub project)
- Applicants need to be enrolled at their home university in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD program to be eligible for selection.
- Very good command of English (minimum: level B2)
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organization skills.
- Knowledge of more than one language of the Alliance
- Civic engagement
Students who are interested in becoming CIVIS Ambassadors should send to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- A CV in English
- A short statement in English in which you outline the reasons for wishing to serve as a CIVIS Ambassador (max 200 words)
- A copy of the English language certificate
The deadline for sending the applications is 10 October 2022.
Candidates may also be called in for an interview at a later stage.
More details about this call are available on the CIVIS webpage, here.
CIVIS aims to create a truly unique European interuniversity campus where students, academics, researchers, and staff move and collaborate as freely as within their institution of origin. It develops a deep level of European integration, involving joint learning pathways, the development of complementary research facilities, and diverse degree pathways.
CIVIS unites efforts and experiences to develop a European University with strong links to its local social and geographical environment and an orientation toward global challenges.
More information about CIVIS – A European Civic University is available here.