Between July 25 and August 8, 2021, the University of Bucharest organizes a new edition of the summer courses in Romanian language, culture and civilization.
Structure of the programme
- Intensive Romanian Language Courses
- Lectures on Romanian Culture and Civilization
- Intensive listening (advanced leaners)
- Romanian roots in (traditional) dance and theatre (upper intermediate)
- Romanian customs and folklore traditions (lower intermediate)
- multimedia workshop (beginners).
The registration form is available here until July 20, 2021, and the tuition fee is of 250 €. The completion of the course guarantees the awarding of a certificate of language proficiency.
The Intensive Romanian Language Courses are designed using the communicative approach to language teaching, which means that vocabulary and grammar notions will be constantly put in relation with interactive purposes. The goal of the course is not to insist on the theoretical knowledge of grammar, but on the students’ ability to communicate in everyday life. At the same time, the students will become familiar with the main speech acts (how to formulate apologies, thanking, congratulating, complimenting, giving advice, expressing an emotion, etc.) and with the Romanians’ cultural manner of speaking. In line with the European Language Passport, our courses focus on the four language skills: listening, speaking (spoken interaction, spoken production), reading, and writing.